Friday, November 23, 2007

Can Business be Mission?

It is rare that I read a magazine from cover to cover. In fact, I think that I can say that I've never done it, until this week. I picked up the recent issue of Mission Frontiers magazine because of the cover, titled Can Business be Mission?

Ralph Winter, longtime advocate of frontier missions says:
"Really big and sudden changes in the world of missions don't come often. But now one is upon us."
That big change is the mobilizing of Christians to start businesses that manifest and extend the good news of Christ to the ends of the earth in ways that don't confine the reign of Christ to the church.

Unlike the Christianity Today treatment, which is very general, numerous articles in the Missions Frontiers issue tackle the issues of what distinguishes missional business, how it is effectively done, and why it is so critical. Here is a summary of the articles, and you can download the whole issue here.

When Business Can be Mission: Where Both Business and Mission Fall Short
Ralph D. Winter

Making God the Hero-King of the Great Commission Company
Tom Steffen

Over-Steering a Cadillac

Frank L. Roy

Mission Agencies: Infrastructure, Passion, Business as Mission?
Justin Forman

Business as Mission: Kingdom Focused Companies
Justin Forman

Business: Poverty's Long-Term Solution
Chris Page

Raising Local Resources
Glenn Schwartz

You will find in this magazine the theological backbone that guides effective gospel entrepreneurship, written by those who are actively engaged in that work. I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here is Mr Benjamin contact Email details,lfdsloans@outlook.com. / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Le_Meridian put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.I know you may surprise why me putting things like this here but i really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking for financial help or going through hardship with there business or want to startup business project can see to this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..Thank You.