Saturday, June 9, 2007

Prayer

Since I work from home and have very flexible work arrangements, I often end up doing work in the evenings. After a recent evening of research on a start-up, I realized just how often I can pour great time and effort into a task, and yet hardly pray at all about it - even if I believe that what I am doing honors God. After wrestling for hours one evening with a glitch in a tool that I had designed, I was shamed to realize that I never labor that way in prayer. I don't spend hours waiting, pressing and seeking for an answer. I content myself with a few minutes, and go back to work.

If the gospel is really to permeate my life and work, there is going to have to be a radical shift in the ways that I approach God through prayer - and in the perseverance with which I pray.

No comments: